Wednesday 5 January 2011

individual editing of the three models by Ryan

This was an individual task for the advertising group. We were told to edit three photographs over christmas to see how the group edited the photographs in are own way. I edited my photographs using a editing software called Lightroom. I started of just playing round with the exposure but in the end I left the exposure alone as it lost some detail on the face. I have uploaded 6  photographs mainly because I wanted to show the images in black and white to.

Brave
For this photograph I changed the vibrance give a high light to the back ground and bring the colour out on the face and font. I also changed the contrast slightly to give it more depth and to make the word brave stand out more. I thought it would be a good idea to use the vignette at it makes me pay more attention to the word and face.

  I think this photograph looks really good in black and white. I  know it isn't like the Bloomberg style but I feel this shot in black and white looks really good and is a great portrait.

This shot below again was edited in Lightroom I used a vignette effect to get the dark edge around the image. I changed the clarity and vibrance to bring the colour and tones out. I also moved the black up a bit as well to get the word Active to appear more strong.

Active
I think if I was going to take this photograph I would try getting the model to be doing something with his face to represent the word. You could argue and say that he is doing the opposite of the word and is sort of a connection to communicating.
Active
 This black and white shot I think is such a good shot. I like the detail in the hair and skin. It reminds me of a photograph taken on film because of the focus around his head.

With this photograph below I really like the blue t shirt with the lighter blue back ground and I think if I was going to do this shoot then I would also think about the clothes and colours. I like how his face is green and then the redness around his eyes. Again I think this is a great shot and the group done very well.

I edited this by changing the clarity, exposure, vibrance and moving the vignette to make the edges dark to make the focus more on the face.
Agile

I have always loved black and white photographs because i associate black and white photography as being old. This photograph below looks old as it has depth of field and just looks like it as shot on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment